Big Day Miller
Theatre of the Society for Macedonian Studies, 9/2/2014
The “Big Days” project of the NTNG continues with a day-long tribute to the great American playwright Arthur Miller, on Sunday February the 9th, 2014, at the Theatre of the Society for Macedonian Studies.
The main event of the tribute will be a big 40s & 50s theme party – the era when the great author was found in the limelight.
Τhe foyer of the Theatre of the Society for Macedonian Studies will be flooded with music, singing and swing dancing, while in parallel events and forums, we will get in touch with the work, the life, and the multidimensional personality of the playwright.
- Film screening: Death of a Salesman/ appropriate for all ages
- Theatrical Game based on Arthur Miller's play The Price
- "Family and Society. Who has the responsibility?" Discussion and Theatrical Techniques based on certain texts by Arthur Miller
- “A quick 'glance' at the cinematic traces of Arthur Miller” The Thessaloniki Film Museum – Cinémathèque and the National Theatre of Northern Greece, invite you to a parallel reading of the work of the prominent playwright.
- The “Jitterbugs” dance group keep swinging!
- Psychodrama: “Crisis and Relationships in crisis” Based on Arthur Miller's theatrical texts, we trace the way in which human relationships have been affected by the financial and social changes
- “Talk to me on Miller” On the occasion of an installation inspired by the life of Arthur Miller, we invite you to meet one of the most significant playwrights of the American repertoire. Join us in pouring light on different parts of his life and career, in a discussion with theatre theorists and artists.
- Students of the Department of Music Science & Art at the University of Macedonia will perform a 30-minute session of jazz music from the 40's and the 50's.
- The pianist Panayiotis Barlas and the singer Vasilia Kenakoglou will perform songs of Marilyn Monroe and of that era.
National Theatre of Northern Greece
Theatre of the Society for Macedonian Studies (09/02/2014)
The National Theatre of Northern Greece has been organizing a series of events in the context of the project "Big Days," aiming at introducing to the audiences the most significant playwrights of the world theatre, whose works are currently being staged at NTNG venues.
All events are admission-free and open to the public.