BIG DAY: Henrik Ibsen Tribute
Theatre of the Society for Macedonian Studies, 24/11/2013
The National Theatre of Northern Greece (NTNG) continues its grand, day-long tributes to prominent writers, with “Big Day Ibsen”, a tribute to the major Norwegian playwright Henrik Ibsen, which will take place at the Theatre of the Society for Macedonian Studies, on Sunday November 24, 2013:
- An Enemy of the People meets the People: Rehearsing Ibsen
- Theatrical games for primary school children
- Psychodrama: “Stereotypes” for adults
- Round Table: “Ibsen: Views of the social crisis then and now”
- Peer Gynt's Journey in 3 + 1 Pictures: Techniques for theatrical games and drama education for teachers and adults.
- “5+5=1.1” 5 Directors, 5 Actors, 1 Script, 1 Hour of Rehearsal = Presentation
- “Ibsen through the lens” and “Film Workshop: Ibsen through the lens” in collaboration with the Thessaloniki Film Museum
- “The Ibsen Wives”, directed by Despina Saroglou, in collaboration with the YMCA Threatrical Workshop for Adults
National Theatre of Northern Greece
8 events - 150 spectators
Theatre of the Society for Macedonian Studies (24/11/2013)
The following cultural institutions have supported the NTNG in its efforts to accomplish the thematic tribute “BIG DAY IBSEN”: the School of Drama, Faculty of Fine Arts, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (installation 5 stops in Peer Gynt's journey by set design students); the School of Film Studies, Faculty of Fine Arts, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (filming of the event, editing the material and uploading it to NTNG’s official website); the Drama School of the NTNG (presentation of extracts of Ibsen's talks); as well as “Protoporia” bookstore.