Information and terms of participation
HIGHER SCHOOL OF DRAMATIC ART
Lazaristes Monastery (Moni Lazariston)
25-27 Kolokotroni and Thrakis str.
Phones: 2310 589104, 2310 589110
INFORMATION ON THE SCHOOL
The Drama School of the NTNG has been officially considered as a higher educational institution under the Presidential Decree 336/14/6/89. The course of studies has the duration of three (3) years and the course attendance is compulsory. The school is a state institution and the tuition is free of charges. The purpose of the school is to provide a higher education on dramatic art and a complete training of the artists and the members of the Greek theatrical stage.
The syllabus includes practical, as well as, theoretical courses which aim to a complete theatrical education: acting, improvisation, movement, music, poetic utterance, theatrical song, dance, speech training, dramatology, history of Greek and international dramaturgy, history of literature, costumery, scenography, theatrical make-up, sword fighting, Greek traditional dances, history and practice of the cinematic art et al. In addition, seminars are organized and lectures are given concerning theatrical topics, as well as, issues on art in general.
INFORMATION AND TERMS OF PARTICIPATION ON THE PRELIMINARY AND THE INTRODUCTORY EXAMS FOR THE DEPARTMENTS OF THE DRAMA SCHOOL OF NTNG
1. The preliminary exams take place annually, from the 15th until the 30th of July.
2. The candidates of the preliminary exams are due to present two (2) excerpts from plays (monologues) and a poem of their preference.
3. The results of the preliminary exams are announced by the end of July.
4. The candidates for the introductory exams, that follow, are examined in specific topics, announced by the School on August the 1st, and refer to the courses of acting, improvisation, theatrical song and drama theory.
5. The introductory exams take place in September. The results are announced after the end of the exams.
6. The official courses in the Drama School begin on October the 1st.
Those who are interested in participating in the School’s preliminary exams can register on the second half of June.
The candidate should not be more than 25 years old by September 25.
The candidate must be 18 years of age at the minimum. Otherwise he or she should adduce a certified letter of consent, written by their parents or their legal guardian.
The candidate must hold a high school diploma or a degree of an equivalent school in Greece, in the European Union or any other state, as long as a relevant interstate agreement has been singed.
If the candidate is a foreigner, it is necessary to provide certification of his fluency in Greek language.
Please read below the required supporting documents for the application submission for the preliminary exams of the Acting Department:
- A certified photocopy of the high-school diploma.
- 4 colour photos.
- A birth certificate or certified copy of the ID.