The 1st Big Day
for this theatre season: a tribute to Bertolt Brecht
60 years after his death
Due to the warm response of the public for three consecutive years, the Big Days –daylong free events dedicated to writers, organized by the NTNG– have been established. This theatre season the following Big Days will be held:
- Bertolt Brecht – 18 December 2016
- Georges Feydeau – 12 February 2016
- Costas Taktsis – 19 March 2017
The first Big Day of this theatre season, dedicated to Brecht, is going to take place at the Society for Macedonian Studies
on 18 December.
The top anti-war play “Mother Courage and her children
” by Bertolt Brecht
is successfully presented at the Theatre of the Society for Macedonian Studies, directed by Nikita Milivojevic.
60 years have passed from the death of the German playwright, director and poet. NTNG’s Big Day gives you the opportunity to hear and learn about deeper aspects of the great writer’s personality, through readings, discussions, film presentations and theatre workshops.
- Masterclass addressed to actors, drama school students, performers, theatrologists and adults
- Theatre workshops addressed to children 5-7 and 7-9 years old
- Theatre workshop addressed to high-school children
- Video installation by Thodoris Prodromidis “Towards the production of Dialogues On The Market Of Bronze and Other Precious Materials”
- “Would you like to hear a poem?”: Four NTNG actors present poems by Brecht
- Oberon Art Group presents poems by Brecht
- The Teenager Group of the NTNG Theatre Workshops present their work
- Lecture: “Brecht in cinema”
- Lecture: “Music in Brecht’s plays”
- Music and songs from the performance “Mother Courage and her children”
- NTNG Drama School Event
- Round table: “Why Brecht today?”
Big Day Brecht is realized with the support of: School of Drama, Faculty of Fine Arts (AUTH), NTNG Drama School and School of Drama (AUTH) Alumni Association.
Organized by: Eva Koumandraki and Konstantina Matziri
Free entrance to all events.